Marching Illini Audition Information
February 1 | Woodwind and Brass Audition Day | 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM
February 8 | Woodwind and Brass Audition Day | 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM
February 15 | Woodwind and Brass Audition Day | 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM
February 21 | Audition Day at John Hersey High School
February 22 | Drumline, Guard, and Illinettes Audition Practice Clinic | 12:00 - 3:00 PM
*Drumline: Harding Band Building Room 167/outside
*Colorguard: Harding Band Building Room 141
*Illinettes: IKE Multipurpose Room (2nd floor - Student Dining & Residential Programs Building- IKE 301 East Gregory Dr. Champaign, IL)
March 3 | Audition Day at O'Fallon High School
March 8 | Woodwind and Brass Audition Day | 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM
March 8 | Drumline, Guard, and Illinettes Audition Practice Clinic | 12:00 - 3:00 PM
April 5 | Illinettes Dance Team Auditions | 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
April 12 | Marching Illini Guard Auditions | 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM
April 19 | Drumline Auditions | 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM
May 3 | Woodwind and Brass Audition Day
June 7 | Woodwind and Brass Audition Day
* If you are a woodwind or brass player and cannot make any of these dates, you may schedule an individual audition on any date - you can check this when you fill out the audition registration form!
* Please note that the Marching Illini roster fills quickly and is typically full by May. Audition Early!
If you are interested in auditioning for the Marching Illini (includes Illinettes Dance Team, Guard, Featured Twirler) or attending any of the Audition Practice Clinics, please be certain you have done the following:
(1) Be admitted to the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign or Parkland College
(2) Check Out our Marching Illini Audition Video
(3) Review the Marching Illini Audition Requirements
(5) Sign up for an audition time - a link and audition time will be sent via email one week after you fill out ther registration form
All auditions and clinics take place in the Harding Band Building at 1103 South Sixth Street, Champaign, Illinois 61820
Parking is available at meters on the street in front of the building. The meters need to be fed on weekdays from 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM, but not on the weekends.
Once you arrive at the Harding Band Building, proceed to the Main Office Room 140 and check-in. You will receive instructions on where to warm-up and where your audition will take place.
All candidates who audition should hear back through e-mail within one week of your audition regarding your invitation to attend Preseason Camp, if you have been placed on a waiting list, or if you have not been accepted into the Marching Illini
If you have further questions, please contact the Illinois Bands Main Office at email@example.com