Marching Illini Audition Information
September 23 | School of Music Open House - Marching Illini visitation day - No Auditions
January 24 | Woodwind and Brass Audition Day | 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM
February 7 | Woodwind and Brass Audition Day | 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM
February 28 | Woodwind and Brass Audition Day | 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM
February 28 | Drumline, Guard, and Illinettes Audition Practice Clinic | 12:00 - 3:00 PM
March 7 | Woodwind and Brass Audition Day | 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM
March 7 | Drumline, Guard, and Illinettes Audition Practice Clinic | 12:00 - 3:00 PM
March 17 | School of Music Open House - Woodwind and Brass Audition Day
April 11 | Illinettes Dance Team Auditions | 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
April 18 | Drumline Auditions | 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM
April 25 | Marching Illini Guard Auditions | 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM
May 2 | Woodwind and Brass Audition Day | 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM
* If you are a woodwind or brass player and cannot make any of the audition days, you may schedule an individual audition on any date - you can check this when you fill out the audition registration form!
* Please note that the Marching Illini roster fills quickly and is typically full by May. Audition Early!
If you are interested in auditioning for the Marching Illini (includes Illinettes Dance Team, Guard, Featured Twirler) or attending any of the Audition Practice Clinics, please be certain you have done the following:
(1) Be admitted to the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign or Parkland College
(2) Check Out our Marching Illini Audition Video
(3) Review the Marching Illini Audition Requirements
(4) Complete the Audition Registration Form (includes Illinettes, Guard and Twirler) - will go live January 1
(5) Sign up for an audition time - a link and audition time will be sent via email one week after you fill out the registration form
All auditions and clinics take place in the Harding Band Building at 1103 South Sixth Street, Champaign, Illinois 61820
Parking is available at meters on the street in front of the building. The meters need to be fed on weekdays from 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM, but not on the weekends.
Once you arrive at the Harding Band Building, proceed to the Main Office Room 140 and check-in. You will receive instructions on where to warm-up and where your audition will take place.
All candidates who audition should hear back through e-mail within one week of your audition regarding your invitation to attend Preseason Camp, if you have been placed on a waiting list, or if you have not been accepted into the Marching Illini
If you have further questions, please contact the Illinois Bands Main Office at firstname.lastname@example.org