Illini Marching Band Championships
The University of Illinois Bands within the UI School of Music is proud to present the Illini Marching Band Championships. The Illini Marching Band Championships provides participating bands with feedback from the finest national adjudicators, relevant and educational evaluation rubrics, and the thrill of performing in historic Memorial Stadium at the University of Illinois. Participation is open to the first 50 Illinois bands that apply in six classifications based on certified school size. The two awards ceremonies, one mid-day for classes 1A through 3A, and one at the end of the day for classes 4A through 6A, feature signature awards and performances by The Nation's Premier College Marching Band - the world-famous Marching Illini!
- 2014 Date: Saturday, October 18
- 2015 Date: Saturday, October 31 tentative
- Place: Historic Memorial Stadium on the campus of the University of Illinois
- Application: The 2013 process is closed. The 2014 application process will open March 1
- Acceptance Policy: In order for your application to be complete, the application along with payment via credit card or check must be received. Credit card payment can be made over the phone and checks will be accepted on campus starting March 1, 2013.
- Fee: $450.00
- Credit Card (School, District, Business, or Personal
- School Check (must be received before application will be considered complete)
- Band Booster Check (must be received before application will be considered complete)
Credit Card payments can be made by calling 217-333-3025. All other forms of payments should be made and sent to:
Application & School Information Forms
Five adjudicators, distributed as follows:
|Music General Effect 20%||Individual Music Effect 20%|
|Music General Effect 20%||Individual Visual Effect 20%|
|Visual General Effect 20%|
The tie-breaker will be the combination of the three music scores.
Additionally, there will be a guard adjudicator and a percussion adjudicator. Drum Majors have captions for commentary within two of the primary adjudicator forms (Individual Music and Visual Effect).
First, Second, and Third place trophies will be presented in each classification
Best Music, Visual, Guard, Percussion, and Drum Major trophies will be presented in each classification
The band receiving the highest score in combined classes 1A, 2A and 3A will receive the “Illinois Grand Champion” trophy
The band receiving the highest score in combined classes 4A, 5A and 6A will receive the “Illinois Grand Champion” trophy
A random drawing for combined classes 1A, 2A, 3A, and for 4A, 5A, 6A will occur to award a new drum major podium to the two schools drawn courtesy of Smith-Walbridge Clinics & Band Products.